Wednesday, May 02, 2007

wednesday banality

-Found this article fascinating. Some Ivy profs studied NBA data and determined there are racial disparities in when refs dish out fouls. It must be the economic veins, because I don't even like basketball.

-A "The Simpsons" themed ride is being built to replace the "Back to the Future" ride at Universal Studios. Is BttF not current anymore? Has a younger generation replaced our childhood love for Michael J. Fox, Christopher Lloyd, and Lea Thompson? Are these actors irrelevant in today's Hollywood? Maybe so. Similarly, do you remember when TV-Land only showed The Andy Griffith Show, Golden Girls and other old-timey howdy-doody shows? Well, I found myself watching White Men Can't Jump on the Dish Network Channel 106 and realized...shit maybe I am old. I also have a taste for bad movies.

-Your mother's an astronaut.

*edit, one more link: if we could all serve our country like these men.

No comments: